Monday, March 21, 2011

A recipe a day is all it takes to be great!

I've been baking for as long as I can remember. From late night chocolate fudge or self-saucing chocolate pudding or the Saturday morning's up early helping bake bread, to the bored Sunday afternoons where I'd choose a new recipe and give it a go.  


But I never thought of myself as much of a cook


We grew up in a typical meat + 3 veg house. There was never really much variety in our meals. Basically our meals were tasty, but very simple.


It wasn't until the television channels started being consumed with food shows - celebrity chefs, reality TV cook off competitions etc - that I really started to pay attention. They made it all seem so easy. 


So I gave it a go - and I'm still going! 


I choose a new recipe and give it a go! If the meal is good, I'll make it again, maybe change a few things if I think they could improve the flavour and I share it with my friends.


I learnt you have to taste, really TASTE your food, at each stage of the cooking process... and seasoning should be added during the cooking not after (if you need seasoning AFTER you haven't seasoned it enough during).


So I'm going to share my recipes with you. I'll choose a recipe of the day and the following day I'll let you know how it went.


A recipe a day is all it takes to be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment