Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Quick and easy pizza

Last nights dinner didn't go exactly as planned, here I was thinking a nice pasta salad would be nice with a bit of bocincini, some basil, a little bit of chorizo, olives and whatever else I can find in the fridge - only to find the express supermarket I rely on so much for my evening meals doesn't have half of what i need (www.disappointed.com\ME)!!!

Alas, all was not lost - what better to replace pasta than PIZZA! It's quick, it's easy and, as I found out, is unbelievably delicious.
This is just my interpretation of the amounts of ingredients you need, I didn't measure a single thing - I find these are often the BEST recipes :)



Pizza bases (as many as you want/need depending on how many you're catering for)
Tomato paste to spread on the pizza bases
Red onion (approx. 1/2 per pizza) - finely diced
Button Mushrooms 250g - sliced (optional)
Bocincini - either baby or normal (if normal, slice each piece in half)
Salami - as much as you like - sliced (optional)
Tasty Cheese - 1-2c finely grated
Tomatoes - 2-3 finely sliced
Olives - a handful of your favourite kind
Basil - ideally fresh basil leaves but if you can't get that (like me last night) dried basil is fine.

  1. Preheat over 180C.
  2. Line a tray with baking paper and place your base onto the tray.
  3. Spread your tomato paste on the pizza.
  4. Layer your mushrooms and sprinkle on the red onions.
  5. Add the bocincini then sprinkle with about 1/2c cheese (how cheesy do you want your pizza?).
  6. Layer salami, then tomatoes and season with salt and pepper and add basil.
  7. Sprinkle more cheese then finally scatter the olives.
  8. Bake for 20-30 minutes until cheese is melted and base is crispy.
  9. Serve IMMEDIATELY!

This pizza will look rather high before you cook it but let me assure you once all the ingredients infuse together it's just like a shop bought one - only better!


*********************************************************
One day i'll try my hand at making my own pizza bases, but for now shop bought ones are AOK in my books! Especially when you're aiming for a quick meal - and it beats buying a pre-made supermarket pizza every time!






No comments:

Post a Comment