1 sheet of ready rolled reduced-fat puff pastry
spray oil to grease the quiche pan
3 cups of egg whites* (approx. 27 egg whites)
4 medium button mushrooms sliced
4 cherry tomatoes sliced
100g spinach wilted
6 spears of asparagus trimmed to 4cm
cheese to sprinkle on top
salt and pepper to season
*you can buy egg whites in the frozen section of your local supermarket.
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- Grease your quiche pan.
- Lay out your sheet of ready rolled puff pastry. Once softened (slightly defrosted) press lightly into the corners of the pan.
- Whisk together your egg whites in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg white mixture into the pastry casing.
- Place a layer of sliced mushrooms over the egg whites followed by a layer of tomatoes. Season the mushroom and tomato layers.
- Add the wilted spinach evenly across the top of the mushroom and tomato layer and gently press down into the egg mixture.
- Lay the asparagus spears on top of the spinach.
- Finally sprinkle cheese on the top.
- Bake for 30 - 45 minutes (until the egg is cooked and set in the centre of the quiche)
- Once cooked leave to cool before slicing.
- Serve with salad of your choice.
Nutritional information per serving of quiche