- Honey and Sweet soy Prawns with Sesame seeds on Bok choy
- 1 Tbs fish sauce
- 1 Tbs honey
- 2 Tbs kecap manis (Indonesian sweet soy)
- 1 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 lime, rind finely grated, juiced
- 20 medium green prawns, peeled, deveined, leaving tails intact
- 1 large bunch bok choy, halved lengthways, washed
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 Tbs peanut oil
Combine the fish sauce, honey, kecap manis, ginger, lime rind and juice in a bowl.
Add the prawns and coat. Set aside for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, separate the bok choy leaves from the stem section. Cut the stem section in half lengthways.
Heat a wok or large deep frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the sesame seeds and cook for 1-2 minutes until golden. Remove and set aside.
Heat 2 tsp peanut oil and heat over a high heat. Add the bok choy stems. Stir-fry for 4 minutes then add the leaves and stir-fry until tender. Transfer to a platter and cover with foil.
Heat the remaining oil in the wok over a high heat. Add the prawns and cook, for 2 minutes each side or until golden and the sauce reduces slightly.
- Spoon sauce over the bok choy. Dip the prawns in sesame seeds and layer on top. (Alternatively place the prawns and sprinkle the whole dish with sesame seeds).